Sunday, March 09, 2014

Not study time again!

I haven't done much creative since my last post, but I've been reading up on techniques and getting really inspired!
I've ordered some black velvet to put behind my paintings when I photograph them (in the crazy event that I actually get some finished), which will hopefully provide a background that will absorb light and not detract from the painting in the photograph. I have a long way to go before my painting photography will be anywhere near a professional level, but it's a start!

In this order I've also got a few quilting fabrics and a couple of fabrics for dress making. I haven't got specific projects in mind just yet, but several patterns that are just screaming out to be made!
I bought the Emmaline Necessity Clutch pattern a while ago, and I'm very excited to try that out, as well as some of the Emmaline bags. I've never made anything like this before, and I'll have to write out a long list of all the odds and ends I'll need aside from fabric and do a good shop before I get started. I know of a lot of fellow sewers who have made these items though, and they have loved the finished products!

I had an afternoon of photography practice the other day, helping a friend out by trying out some portrait photography. We had some shockers, but also a few nice photos by the end of the session, I'm excited to see how they turn out. Note to self: Get camera serviced.

I have been putting a little thought into what sewing machine I would like to buy when I finally decide to upgrade from my lovely 30-year-old Elna. I'd love the ability to do some machine embroidery, but I also would like it to be a very good sewing machine (not a great emby with average sewing capabilities) Mum has a Bernina that cost twice what my first car did, and some... My best friend has a Janome which is only her friend sometimes. It'll be a long time before I can afford one, so I have a long time to ponder. If there are any guru's out there reading this blog, share your wisdom!

My bedroom is still more paint and paintings than anything else, but the progress hasn't progressed very far, hopefully I'll get some more inspiration in coming days before I give up and pack it all up. Uni has started again and it's only 3 short weeks until my fist essay is due, and 4 until I'm on the other side of the country for the practical component of my study.
Aaaaaaaaand I need a job, because I have to pay for my flights. Sigh.

Have fun, be creative!

No comments:

Post a Comment