Thursday, August 07, 2014

Finding time

Yesterday I couldn't stand it any longer, my machine came out of the cupboard and has taken over the dining table! I've posted photos of a strange orange/coral pyramid... I need to put a little bag of sand in it- it'll be a door stop! I'm fed up with the internal doors slamming in the breeze when the front and back doors are open. 
The fabric is pretty heavy. I'm debating making several more the same or whether I should use different fabrics- I have white fabric of a similar weight... White is not going on the floor! 

I am drafting a bodice for a dress for a friend, I chopped up a sheet last night, but I need her here for a fitting before I go any further with that. 

I've pre washed and folded my most recent fabric order... Now to iron/and/or/store it... 

It took forever to find my bag of begun projects, but I discovered lots of possibilities in the process. I cut out 2 skirts and a dress, and the indigenous art fabric for my partner's boss' purse. 
I think there's a bit more cutting to do, then I'll have to a mass zipper order! And now that I have my bag of started projects, I really need to start finishing them! 

I do have difficulty with having a housemate and not having space to sew, constantly feeling like I am in the way.
A wonderful friend convinced me to just pull out my machine and growl at all who oppose me! I have incredible and inspiring friends. 

I helped my guy with cleaning and organizing last night and didn't get to bed until after 2... It's been a very long day! I think it's safer if I don't touch my beautiful projects when I'm this tired! 

No comments:

Post a Comment